background

Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Review: Remember Me


This movie is a prime example of why I want to be a critic. One critic, whose opinion I usually respect, missed the mark on this one. I went into the theater not expecting much and ended up feeling that this was one of the most touching movies I have seen in a long time.

Dealing with loss, or not dealing with it, lays the foundation for this drama. Robert Pattinson (Twilight) and Emilie de Raven (LOST) star as an American couple that help each other when each one needs someone most.

Unsure what to expect from Pattinson having only seen him in Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga, I felt that this role proves that he has staying power. His character Tyler has many sides and the one I loved the most was his relationship with his sister Caroline, Ruby Jerins (Shutter Island). Her performance was touching and brought tears to my eyes more than once.

The cast includes Pierce Brosnan, Chris Cooper and Lena Olin all of whom bring their usual A-game.

This is a one-tissue, compelling drama that is worth the price of admission. A

No comments: