background

Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Review: Toy Story 3

Toy Story     2010 has not made for a strong year at the movies thus far. While all have not been complete busts, there has been a strong sense of being underwhelmed. Just imagine my surprise when the best film of the year so far, was brought to me courtesy of the Pixar/Disney team. Toy Story 3 had everything a good movie should have: action, plot, love, a message, comedy. It was fun from the time the 3-D glasses went on.
     I laughed, I cried (yes, I know it is a cartoon) and I loved it from beginning to end. I think we have a lock for the best animated film category at the Academy Awards. This film showed what it means to come full circle. Andy is all grown up, like many of us, and although we get older and move on to different stages of our lives, there is always another generation ready to play. Buzz, we will always be amigos.   A

No comments: